Who doesn't LOVE pizza (if you don't, I'm afraid we can't be friends 😅).
So what if you are on a fat loss plan, can you still eat pizza? YES
OK, so what about if you want to be gluten free and vegan, can you eat pizza? YES
I don't know about you, but the shop bought GF, Vegan pizzas are not only hard to come by, but not awful nice. I had a great experience at Pizza Express (although they were a tad tight on the "cheese").
The simple answer is create your own. I took a recipe from my Joe Wicks #90dayveggieplan and gave it a gluten free and vegan makeover that I'm going to share with you right now!!
35g+ (see notes) gluten free self raising flour
35g gram flour (chickpea flour)
65g of non dairy yoghurt - I used KoKo
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch salt (I added a few sneaky chilli flakes too)
1 dsp tomato puree
45g vegan cheese (your choice - I used the grated mozzarella type)
Toppings of your choice - I used antipasti courgettes and sun dried tomatoes (patted dry of oil); olives; fresh tomatoes, peppers, sliced mushrooms and green chilli's from a jar.
1. Preheat oven to high, at least 220c
2. Combine the flours, salt (and chilli flakes if desired) and stir to mix.
3. Create a "well" in the middle and add the yoghurt a bit at at time and mix to create a dough. Now, this is where you have to mess around with quantities. I found the mixture to be quite wet and had to keep adding GF flour until I could roll it out without sticking to the rolling pin. You could also trial additional gram flour or reduce the yoghurt. Koko yoghurt is quite runny. so if you were using a soya based yoghurt it may be thicker. Make a note of what works for you to get to the right consistency.
NOTE: I did end up using my hands to spread out the dough more than I did the rolling pin, because honestly, I was starting to lose my patience with it sticking and I was getting hangry. It worked great!
3. Heat a non stick pan over a medium-high heat and cook the pizza base for a couple of minutes on each side, until golden.
4. Place base on baking tray, spread out the puree - (add dried herbs here if you wish) you may wish to use 1 tsp oil to make it spread further, and then layer that baby up with all your yummy toppings.
5. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes until it's as you like it.
6. Serve with a huge, mixed salad and enjoy!
Want Mindset, Motivation, Money & Manifestation Tips & Resources WITHOUT having to read about it?